Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Every Cloud Has A Silver Lining



You know we get told to be positive and try to wake up with a bounce and every day is the first day of the rest of our lives?Well how does that affect us?We wake up expecting each day to be wonderful and normally what happens is we are bombarded with the daily stresses of just getting through one day.I believe we are hit harder by the belief that nothing bad will happen.I think what we should do is expect that each day will have trouble.In fact we should welcome all of these daily stresses and see them as obstacles to be conquered and from the experience we then grow as individuals.Only if a day has passed and no obstacles were encountered then we can get safely into bed and say thank you.But be prepared for tomorrow.

I decided to start having this attitude from yesterday Monday 2 March 2009.I decided to take the day off work and go shopping with my 4 year old for a plastic baby pool.We got dressed and my little one was so excited.We get into my car and it would not start.It was perfectly fine the evening before(less than 10 hours ago)and there were no lights flashing or warnings that something was wrong.Just would not start!!!!Bearing in mind that the car is 1 year old,the logical thing to assume was that it was either the battery or no water or no oil.Something trivial like that right?

I called dearest love of my life who rushed from work,then rushed to petrol station and returned with 2 bottles of oil.Proceeded to fill up with one.Nearly covered my entire engine with oil.Because there was enough oil in the first place.So not the oil then

Checked the water.Water fine.Then called the breakdown service.Little man rushed over with his battery clamp thingys.He first tried to start and said no,the battery is fine.He hurried left with his battery thingy and said the car must get towed in.

I called the office and related what the little man said and soon afterwards a big flatbed truck pitched up to take my car away.Because it is an automatic it could not be towed and had to be placed on the flatbed truck.




So anyway off went my car and I then had to borrow the spare car of dearest love(which he has been trying to sell for 1 year now) and off we went to do our shopping which was done at superspeed and in no time little on was swimming away in baby pool.All happy!!!

Come today I had to go to work.This car has a circular crack in windscreen right in front of driver vision and when I had to remove stock from the boot I had to hold the boot on my shoulder because it does not stay open on its own.And then the alarm activated and would not switch off.And then I finished my day's job and I came home.I also noticed a lot of people running in all directions everytime I would pull away and then realised that the exhaust must have a hole in it because of the noise and pulling away obviously makes it more noisy and the poor people thought I was revving the engine in anticipation of driving over them.

Anyway I got home and the repair center called and said come pick up your car which I did and have been happy ever since.Apparently the lift gadget thingy which controls the flow of fuel to the engine had broken and so this was replaced.Thank goodness I have a maintenance plan.

Also when this same car was 6 months old the automatic gear box just stopped working.The car stayed in first gear and I was on the highway doing 20KM per hour and it was revving 5000 revs but would not change from first gear and then after 5000 rev would eventually change and then I would pick up speed and then some car would cause me to have to slow down and the whole process would start over again.I also pulled over onto the yellow line and was checking the flow of the traffic and when I turned to look into my car again there was a strange man sitting in the passenger seat.He thought I had stopped for him and I informed him that my car was not working and he told me thats ok he is just going to sit for a while because he is really tired of walking.Anyway I then started off again on my 20KM/hour journey with a passenger for company and I dropped him off really close to where he wanted to go but the journey had taken really long for him and his parting words were that he was going to be late for church.

About the silver lining on the cloud???Well every time my car breaks down the repair center fixes it and then cleans it thoroughly so I dont have to wash it for that week.
How's that for a silver lined cloud?

No comments:

Post a Comment